Q: Check Engine light on the Dashboard.

asked by on February 07, 2017

Bought a 2nd hand Peugeot 307 2.0 year: 2005 which had Engine Lights On in the dashboard. Got tested with a car diagnosing computer. Gave fault codes:- P0410, P0420, P0571, P0532, P0329 In details it says: Catalytic converter ageing, Exhaust air injection, Undefined DTC. How can i fix these problems? And please let me know if any of these faults are going to be affecting on my car performance or fuel consumption. Awaiting your reply.

Thanks.

Hi there. The code P0420 could have an issue with the following:

• Having a damaged or failed oxygen sensor
  • The engine coolant temperature sensor is malfunctioning
  • Damaged or leaking exhaust manifold or leaking muffler / catalytic converter
  • The spark timing is retarded
  • There is a leaking fuel injector
  • A cylinder could be misfiring
  • The engine oil could be contaminated

Check all of the areas and see what needs to be repaired to clear the code. If everything is working properly, then the catalytic converter would need replaced. For the code P0410, there could be leaks in the exhaust system. For the code P0329, the engine could be having a misfire to make the knock sensor be tripped. The code P0571 is on for the cruise control and brake switch is not working or has lost communication to the ECM (computer). The code P0532 is on as the air conditioning system is low on refrigerant and may have a leak in the system. If you need further assistance with your check engine light on, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.