Q: Lightning bolt traction control

My 2007 Jeep Wrangler X gave me some fits this morning. The check engine light has been on for a week (didn't think anything of it). Then while driving into work, the traction control and battery light came on. Then when I parked it and put it in neutral with the emergency brake on, the lightning bolt symbol was flashing and all other lights were on the ABS, airbag, ESP BAS and BRAKE in addition to the lights already mentioned. The car was idling very low and acted like it was going to die on me. So I turned it off, then back on again and cannot get it to start. Lights are still on, lightning bolt symbol is flashing and when I go to turn on the car, it only makes a click sound. Can you please help me with troubleshooting?

Hi Lindsey. Thanks for contacting us today. The lightning bolt light typically indicates an issue with the charging system, such as an alternator fault, battery fault or electrical sensors related to this system. This could also trigger some of the warning lights you’ve seen on the dash. The best way to diagnose the root issue is to have a professional mechanic complete a warning light inspection, so they can download the codes that triggered this light, which will lead the mechanic to the root issue after completing a personal inspection.

3. Lightning bolt traction control