Q: Car is not starting despite trying to jump start it.

Ever since its become colder out, my car has difficulty starting. It struggles it seems but always eventually started after a few seconds. Today It would not start. I had it jump started and nothing. The lights, fans, radio etc works. It clicks once when i turn the key but nothing happens after that. I did have to replace my battery a couple winters ago. I dont know what is wrong? can you help me? Im desperate!

Thank you! Dan

This sounds like you may have a faulty starter solenoid. When components like this are on the verge of faulty, often times a drastic change in temperature may cause them to act up a bit more. The starter solenoid is located on the starter and has internal electrical contacts that transmit electricity to the starter. When this fails, it may cause a clicking sound and will not allow the starter to engage the flywheel when you turn the key. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your starter.