Q: Grinding noise front right brake. Sometimes can hear metal noise when wheel spins afterwards.

There is an awful grinding sound in the front right brake of my car while pressing the brake pedal. After pressing the brake, sometimes there will be a metal noise when the tire is spinning (while not pressing on the brake). This started happening after not driving the car for a short period of time (about a week).

Hi there. The vehicle sitting only week, should not have caused a grinding noise from the right front wheel upon brake apply. I would assume, the right front brake pads are touching metal to metal. Continued driving will cause the brake rotor requiring replacement rather than machining. There may be, a brake caliper issue if just the right side brake pads are worn out. Brakes are a safety concern and should be diagnosed sooner, than later. I recommend having your vehicle’s right front grinding noise be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.

• Grinding noise front right brake. Sometimes can hear metal noise when wheel spins afterwards.