Q: Stalling fuel pump flapper on 1994 Ford Probe

asked by on August 19, 2016

I acquired a probe with 2.0 auto. The car starts than stalls. It needs a fuel pump. I was wondering about a flapper that is supposed to be part of the intake system that could be causing this problem. I need to know where the fuse for up front is for the fuel pump. Is it behind the bumper? I don’t see any access panel for changing the fuel pump. Can you help me with this? Any ideas are welcome.

Fuel Pump Replacement $120.92 - $1186.72 Get a Quote
Car is stalling Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. The fuel pump on your vehicle is powered through the fuel pump relay through direct battery power. The fuel pump itself is located in the fuel tank and there is not an access panel to easily change it. The tank needs to be dropped from under the vehicle to change the pump.

As for the intake, if it is not functioning right, then this type of problem will occur. If there is carbon build up, then this could also occur. If you need to have any of this taken care of, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the stalling problem and perform appropriate repairs.