Q: When I am driving the car will stopping accelerating as if I took my foot off the pedal but my foot hasn't even moved.

asked by on September 13, 2017

When I am driving the car will lose acceleration as if I have taken my foot off the gas pedal and it's just coasting. I will push the pedal all the way down and then it will like hesitate and then like catch and accelerate rapidly. Even short distances it happens to where it feels like it's dieing. I don't know if it the fuel pump? Can you help

Loss of power Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle may be having issues with the throttle or throttle position sensor. These can be tested and replaced if needed. When this happens, you should also scan the vehicle for diagnostic troubleshooting codes. Even without a check engine or warning light, there may be a code that helps indicate what is wrong with the vehicle. If you would like help with testing and repairs, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.