Remote for keyless entry malfunctioning keyless entry 201...

Q: Remote for keyless entry malfunctioning

asked by on February 05, 2016

The remote for the keyless entry only works after pressing it multiple times. Also, I can't open the driver's door from the outside.

Hi. Unfortunately, the keyless entry system needs to be replaced from the dealership. They will have to reprogram the ECM to accept a new keyless Smart Device and will have to be performed by a dealer specific scan tool. I recommend you take the car to the dealer and have a new keyless entry device installed for the car.