Q: Problem with transfer case

I purchased a used transfer case from a 99' suburban to replace the transfer case in my 05' Tahoe. I was told I needed an NP8 transfer case. After I removed the transfer case from my 05' Tahoe I realized the connector on the transfer case motor is different from the 99'. The 05' connector is 8 prong and the 99' connector is 4. Did I buy the wrong transfer case? Can I buy an adapter? Or an I buy the correct transfer case motor and put it on the transfer case of the 99' suburban that I'm going to use in my 05' Tahoe?

The two vehicles had different types of transfer case assemblies depending on if it has part time and automatic full time type systems. The differences between the two transfer cases may be more than just the shift motor swap. If you took the transfer case out of a part time suburban vehicle and tried to put it in a full time automatic type system, it may get damaged when driving. Also the internal gearing could be different between the two vehicles but that would be hard to tell. You can take a chance and try it or get the correct one for your vehicle.

3. Problem with transfer case