Q: MMI oil level indicator doesn't work correctly

My car has gone 65,500 miles. The car has the MMI oil level indicator. When the oil level dropped down significantly, I did everything according to the manual. I added the recommended amount and waited. The MMI supposed to show the oil level increase after a few minutes from adding oil. However, the MMI shows the message that the information is unavailable. What is going on? I did everything as per instructions. How can I fix this?

A: Hello. Thanks for writing in about your A5 ...

Hello. Thanks for writing in about your A5 Quattro. You need to go into test mode for the computer to reset and test the oil level. If it still cannot calculate it, then you have a bad oil level sensor in the engine. This is a common failure as it tends to have sludge build up on it causing it to stick. If you need to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your oil indicator issue.