Q: Truck stalling at 1/4 tank of gas.

asked by on December 18, 2015

When my truck gets to a 1/4 tank of gas it stalls out. After I put gas in the truck, it runs until it gets to 1/4 tank and then stalls out again.

Fuel Gauge Sender Replacement $128.79 - $1102.69 Get a Quote

It sounds like you are having an issue with either your fuel level sending unit in your gas tank or a problem with your gauge. This is not an uncommon problem. Generally it is the sending unit in the tank that fails. I would ask for help from a mechanic to make sure your gauge is functioning correctly with a scan tool. Once the gauge is confirmed to be good, the gas tank will need to be removed from the truck so you can replace the fuel level sending unit.