Q: Car odor, coolant leaks, and low oil light on - 2010 BMW X6

My car has a mileage of 64,000 miles and issues with coolant, for which I went to the dealership numerous times. They had some repairs done but the same issues kept occurring after that. On one occasion, I was driving when I suddenly felt very sick and my eyes were itching. The dealer had repaired some leaks in the hoses. I was told that they ran diagnostic tests and that everything is fine. But, the same thing happened yet again and I brought the car to the dealer. The car had been there for several days and when I finally took it, the dash in the car was showing low oil light illuminated. The odor still could be smelt in the vehicle. I'm very concerned about safety while I'm in this car. Do you have any suggestion on what I should do to fix this problem permanently?

Hello. It sounds like there is still some coolant leaking, and it may be leaking on the exhaust. The low oil light may be on because it is time for an oil change or because there is also an oil leak. This leak could be leaking onto the exhaust as well and may be the cause of the odor you are smelling. It is also possible that after the precious repair, there is some coolant that was left over and getting onto the exhaust. You will need to have an inspection completed to determine the location of the coolant system leak. The engine compartment needs to be cleaned as well to remove any excess fluid left from previous repairs.

3. Car odor, coolant leaks, and low oil light on - 2010 BMW X6