Q: Cv axle people say it fine it shift back and forth and clunk sound in the wheel area.

I have check many trucks and all use and new have soft short movement if any. My can be moved back and forth and makes a nouse hitting the wheels side is that good

A: Hello. If you are referring to the front cv...

Hello. If you are referring to the front cv axles they can have a small amount of play in them. The inner joint can have a small amount of in and out movement as well as some up and down movement. It should not move at the outer joint. If it does then there may be a failure. If you want to have your cv axle checked, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this.