Q: Cv axle people say it fine it shift back and forth and clunk sound in the wheel area.

I have check many trucks and all use and new have soft short movement if any. My can be moved back and forth and makes a nouse hitting the wheels side is that good

Hello. If you are referring to the front cv axles they can have a small amount of play in them. The inner joint can have a small amount of in and out movement as well as some up and down movement. It should not move at the outer joint. If it does then there may be a failure. If you want to have your cv axle checked, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this.

3. Cv axle people say it fine it shift back and forth and clunk sound in the wheel area.