Q: Coolant level dropping after a short time

asked by on December 28, 2016

I have tried using that coolant seal stuff but the coolant level drops from almost at max to well below the minimum in just a short drive I don't know how much this would be to even get checked let alone repair please help :)

A cooling system that keeps getting low on coolant in a short amount of time has an active leak in the system. If the leak cannot be found externally then the leak will be internal to the engine. You will need to have the cooling system pressure tested to locate the leak. A mechanic like one from YourMechanic can isolate the leak and then a repair can be done to stop the coolant loss. The head gasket may be leaking if there is no external coolant loss.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr