Q: What does the loose fuel cap warning indicator mean?

What does the loose fuel cap warning indicator mean?

Your Altima has a pretty advanced computer system capable of monitoring various systems and alerting you to problems. One of the most common issues with any vehicle is leaving the gas cap loose (or off completely). This allows fuel vapors to escape into the atmosphere, and triggers the car’s computer that something’s wrong with the evap system. If your vehicle information display is showing a loose fuel cap warning, remove and reinstall the gas cap. Once the system rechecks the evap pressure, the warning should go out.

Tip

If the gas cap has a bad seal, this warning can also be displayed but the cap will need to be replaced.

3. What does the loose fuel cap warning indicator mean?