Q: Engine is over heating and I'm not getting heat. 2001 Pontiac Grand Am 3.4 V6

I've replaced my thermostat, heater core, and heater core hoses. I've reversed flushed the radiator and bleed the cooling system. I have a steady stream coming out of the bleeder valve no air bubbles. The radiator hose coming from the radiator and going to the water pump has no fluid running through it and cool to the touch. The water pump isn't making any noises and it's not leaking but I'm thinking maybe the propellers in the water pump have gone bad? So my question is why is my car over heating and why am I not getting any heat? Also the heater/AC door opens and closes when you change the heat and AC setting

Hello - I agree with your diagnosis - a water pump failure is a prime candidate for both overheating and a "no heat from the heater". Lack of water flow will cause both symptoms, and cause damage to the engine in minutes. I would recommend a thorough examination of the cooling system immediately. A mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Engine is over heating and I'm not getting heat. 2001 Pontiac Grand Am 3.4 V6