Q: Tail lights and dash light don't work on a '94 Chevy 1500

What's a fair rate for me to be charged for an electrical work? I have a '94 Chevy 1500 truck and can't figure out why the tail lights and dash lights can't work so I have to take it to someone.

A: It really depends on where you live and wha...

It really depends on where you live and what the going rate is. I’m in a big city here at Houston and the dealer’s charge around $120-140 per hour of labor. That might help you get an idea if you live in a big city as well.

However, you can often find guys that do car electrical work that charge less money than that. My advice is to contact the guys over at YourMechanic, ask them what they charge per hour and they’ll give you a quote for any electrical issues. Or you could always ask your friends if they know a good electrical auto repair place and go from there. Tell them what the problem is and see if they can give you an estimate of what it might cost.