Q: Driving 10-20 mph, transmission fails

I was driving only about 10-20 mph when the transmission stopped working. I kept pressing on the accelerator pedal, but my car would not accelerate. It would not move at all. The check engine light came on when this happened. This has happened many times. Please tell me what is causing this problem so I will know how to get it fixed. Thanks.

Hey there. The transmission is electronically controlled and this based on your description as an intermittent issue points more towards an electrical issue and not a mechanical one. Fault codes need to be read out of the transmission computer to determine the nature of the faults. Possible issues range from the shifter assembly to a computer or even wiring. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, who has the equipment to interrogate the transmission computer and diagnose the acceleration problem.

3. Driving 10-20 mph, transmission fails