Q: Car starts but acts like it doesn't want to

Car will start but takes a minute. When I does start it runs sluggish and almost dies while driving. Battery, ABS, and air bag light are all on while car is started. Gas gauge does not work.

Hey there. This sounds like a faulty alternator. Use a multi-meter to test the alternator’s output voltage. Good alternators test in the range of 13.8-14.2 volts and make sure to use the 20 volt setting, or you could receive a false reading. You can pick up a multi-meter at your local parts store. If your alternator fails or this is not your issue, I would recommend enlisting the help of a qualified mechanic. Going too long on a bad alternator can damage a battery.