Q: Car starts but acts like it doesn't want to

Car will start but takes a minute. When I does start it runs sluggish and almost dies while driving. Battery, ABS, and air bag light are all on while car is started. Gas gauge does not work.

A: Hey there. This sounds like a faulty altern...

Hey there. This sounds like a faulty alternator. Use a multi-meter to test the alternator's output voltage. Good alternators test in the range of 13.8-14.2 volts and make sure to use the 20 volt setting, or you could receive a false reading. You can pick up a multi-meter at your local parts store. If your alternator fails or this is not your issue, I would recommend enlisting the help of a qualified mechanic. Going too long on a bad alternator can damage a battery.