Q: Brake line leaking at front passenger's side wheel

asked by on February 02, 2016

The brake line is leaking near the front passenger's side wheel. I had a catastrophic brake failure while driving. I heard a loud thudding noise and then I lost brake pressure. Pumping the brakes did not stop the car. The brake fluid was at the same level as when I checked the day before though. I noticed wet brake fluid around the front wheel on the passenger's side.

Hi. Sounds to me that you have a leaking brake line to your brake caliper. Also the loss in brake pressure is because of the release in pressure from the leaking line. I would recommend having a certified mechanic come and inspect your brake leak in order to diagnose the problem and move forward with the correct repairs.