Q: My car has a coolant leak but the engine is not overheating.

Yesterday I noticed my coolant reservoir was very low. I added antifreeze to reach the recommended level. My car engine doesn't overheat and hasn't overheated while driving. This morning after driving to work I parked my car. When I returned in the evening there was a small slight greenish puddle underneath the front section of my car. I also smell hot coolant when outside my car after driving. The water pump and manifold gasket were replaced a little over two years ago. Thoughts on what it may be? And any opinions on length of time for getting the issue repaired?

Thanks!

Since you have had the water pump and intake gasket replaced in the last two years, I would recommend having the system pressure tested and inspected to see if the radiator is leaking or the water pump is leaking again. A certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, will be able to pressure test the system and diagnose it for causes of the leak and address the eventual overheating of the engine.

3. My car has a coolant leak but the engine is not overheating.