Q: Steering wheel vibrates

The steering wheel vibrates when I drive and increases as I go faster. It also vibrates more when I brake. A mechanic said the left front engine mount was broken and recommended changing all four, including the transmission mounts.

A: If your steering wheel is vibrating when dr...

If your steering wheel is vibrating when driving, that could be one of many problems, that may or may not be related to the need for engine mounts. Worn engine mounts will cause vibration, however, worn steering and suspension components, can also cause the same symptoms. I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, drive the vehicle, and inspect the mounts and suspension to determine what is causing your steering wheel vibration.