Q: I've just had my car aligned and new tires put on, and my car when at highway speeds feels loose, and wanders from side to side.

I got a wheel alignment and new tires put on and done recently. But I noticed on my way home on the interstate that my front end tends to drift from side to side or floating feeling. There is no noise. The steering also seems a looser than usual. And when raining out, it feels like I have little traction an I slow down to nearly creeping What could this most likely be?

Hi. It sounds like there may be some loose suspension and steering parts in the front end of your car. There is a possibility that the steering parts that were loosened to do the alignment were not tightened all the way. There also could be worn out ball joints or lower control arm bushings causing the looseness in your cars steering as well. The first thing I suggest is to bring the car back to were you had the alignment and tires done and have them double check their work. We have certified technicians at YourMechanic that can inspect your steering and suspension system and pin point the problem.

• I've just had my car aligned and new tires put on, and my car when at highway speeds feels loose, and wanders from side to side.