Q: I have a 2004 Chrysler Pacifica 3.5L V6 FWD, and I have 3 bad motor mounts.

Hello,

I have a 2004 Chrysler Pacifica 3.5L V6 FWD, and I have 3 bad Motor Mounts. I Live in AZ so the heat on rubber is the problem here, and typically every 2-3 years one Mount goes bad.

So, I am thinking about replacing All Engine Mounts, and Transmission Mounts, With MOPAR original parts. Have never had a Torque-Strut go bad, so don't know about them, if they should also be replaced or NOT???

What do you think???

Hi there. If any of your motor/transmission mounts are bad - and you indicate that 3 of them are - I would recommend you replace them all at once. The reasoning is that any broken mount allows the engine/transmission to move around more than it should, putting additional strain on the other mounts, which then break, allowing even more motion. Replacing them all at once, including the Torque Strut, restores the designed "limited" motion for all the mounts, optimizing their life expectancy. I would recommend having a engine mount replacement service completed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, and avoid driving the car until you have this fixed.

• I have a 2004 Chrysler Pacifica 3.5L V6 FWD, and I have 3 bad motor mounts.