Q: Gearbox fault warning came on - 2012 Range Rover

The dashboard in my car was showing the gearbox fault warning on. I went to the shop and they checked the vehicle. As the battery was found to have a lower than normal voltage, they had it replaced. This however, hasn't cleared the trouble code. What should I do?

Hey there, the battery’s low voltage may have been the code they received. You may have to have the body control and transmission module tested for a bad connection and pinpoint tested to see if the gear box fault is due to a defective module. To have this checked, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the Warning Light issue and let you know what should be done.