Q: Does a new ignition lock cylinder include new keys?

Some jerk broke in to my car :( They tried to jam a screwdriver into the ignition cylinder to turn it on. Fortunately, that didn't work for them, but it really messed up the ignition cylinder. My key won't go in anymore, so I think I have to get a new one. My question is: does a new ignition lock cylinder include new keys? And, if so, does that mean I need to get my door and trunk lock cylinders replaced or re-keyed as well? Thanks!

A: The new lock cylinder does come with new ke...

The new lock cylinder does come with new keys but you would have to use the original key to open the doors or have all of the lock cylinders on the doors and trunk match the new ignition lock cylinder. In this case, you are better off having a dealer or lock smith cut out an identical ignition lock cylinder to match the original key so that you will not have to replace everything.