Q: What seat belt parts have to be replaced after a crash?

asked by on December 15, 2015

What seat belt parts have to be replaced after a crash?

Countless hours are spent designing and implementing safety features in modern vehicles, so the vehicle contains a considerable number of safety measures to ensure occupant safety. Seat belts are one of the few safety features that doesn’t require replacement after a crash, unlike airbags or body parts with crumple zones. It is a good idea to have the seat belts inspected thoroughly inside and out after a crash, as they inevitably experienced a large amount of stress in a crash.

Tip

Keep seat belts clean and get them serviced if they fray or tear. Ineffective seat belts are almost as bad as no seat belts at all.