Q: Satellite radio not working

asked by on June 01, 2016

Having problems with satellite radio on my dad's car. The Sirius radio is built into the car. He let the paid subscription run out, and recently decided to renew it. Once he renewed it, he tried to use it but hitting the SAT button on the radio causes the radio to go to preview channel 184. No noise comes out of the speakers, then it switches itself back to FM radio. Sirius said it was Jeep's fault, Jeep said it was on Sirius. Any ideas how to fix this?

The radio is most likely the cause, since the preview channel should stay on if it was working like it should. The radio is capable of storing codes if it runs into any errors. It will need to be scanned with a dealer level scanner to access the codes.

Another possibly is that the radio may require an update program done by the dealer to get it to work again. If all else fails, the radio should be sent back to get repaired if it continues to not work.

If you want a second opinion on this issue, a certified technician can help diagnose the problem with your radio firsthand.