Q: Car runs hot after short drive. Replaced thermostat and radiator fan assembly.

Hello, While idling one day my fan and fan assembly for the radiator broke. I replaced the thermostat and fan and fan assembly.

I refilled the reservoir with coolant and the car runs hot after about 2 miles in stop and go traffic.

the reservoir is cool and the hoses on the hose leading from the reservoir are cool. However, the hoses by the thermostat are hot.

The car leaks out about a teaspoon of coolant after short drive from the front of the car yet, the reservoir still shows full.

Please help.

It sounds like you may have a water pump that may not be pumping correctly or may be failing. Generally, when a water pump is going bad, you may hear a bit of a whining sound combined with the pump leaking. The most common place for the water pump to leak from is the pulley shaft seal which is in the front of the pump where the shaft comes out of the pump housing. When the pump is leaking, it will typically cause the engine to overheat as well. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and replace your water pump.

3. Car runs hot after short drive. Replaced thermostat and radiator fan assembly.