Q: Bottom-end knock in Chevy Trail Blazer

2005 Chevy Trail Blazer. They say there’s a common bottom-end knock. Some say slur your water pump. I'm getting no real answer.

A: There is an easy way to test it. Pull all y...

There is an easy way to test it. Pull all your fan belts off. If you pull the belts that are on it and the noise goes away then it can easily be the water pump. Then grab the water pump and the knocks changing. Pray that it's that because if it doesn't go away, it's inside the engine which will lead to a slight buildup. If it's knocking, then it's too late. That means that the engine bearings are wearing and the rods are knocking because there's too much play. If you would like to have a professional test it for you, a technician from YourMechanic can visit your location to diagnose your engine's noise.