Q: My batery light turns off and on and also dims and brightens what do i do to fix

I drive the car and the battery light turn on and off randomly and when it stays on for a while it dims and brightens

Hello, thank you for writing in. The battery light may illuminate for several different reasons. Luckily any codes may be pulled from the computer and save time with diagnosis. Typically the light will come on and stay on when the computer detects an issue. Due to the battery light monitoring several aspects of this electrical system, there are different ways to make the like flicker. One of which would be a bad connection. This may be due to a loose wire or terminal. This may also be caused by a dirty connection. Corrosion on the terminals or one of the wires will also cause a poor connection. There are sensors that may be picking up strange fluctuations from the alternator. Further testing needs to be done at this point. Start by testing the battery, as this can be done from home or at most automotive parts stores. If the battery tests to be okay, then you will want to turn your attention to the alternator and wiring. For more help, contact our service department.

• My batery light turns off and on and also dims and brightens what do i do to fix