Q: Oil dripping - 2003 Volkswagen Passat

I have oil leak on my vw Passat.Recently changed the valve cover gasket and cam tensioner gasket most of the leaking is gone. Now oil is dripping what could be the cause please advise and suggest

First, I would take another good hard look at the valve cover gasket. Particularly around the plug at the back end of the camshaft. This is a very tricky gasket to install and even professionals have to have another go at it sometimes.

If the source of the leak is not obvious, the best way to locate the leak is with a fluorescent dye. A small amount of dye is added to the engine, you drive the car around for a day or two, then study the engine with an ultra violet light. The leak will show up under the UV light like a neon sign.

Locating an oil leak can be tough because it usually involves crawling around under the car. A qualified professional from YourMechanic will have the tools and expertise to diagnose the oil leak and move forward with repairs.

3. Oil dripping - 2003 Volkswagen Passat