Q: Is it my thermostat in my car that is not working?

My car has recently went hot on me. Me and my boyfriend bought coolant and put water in the container but , it still went hot. We put on park while the car was still on and we tried to see if it was steam or smoke that needed to aired out; and we also turned on the car and turned the heat on it was something we looked up on the internet so we tried it; but it was doing the total opposite it was cold air coming from the vents when we turned on the heat then when we turned it on cold it was heat coming form there.

A: You are correct, you probably do have an is...

You are correct, you probably do have an issue with the thermostat. When your thermostat is stuck in the closed position it doesn't allow coolant to run through the engine which is why you have the cooling effect. It will also overheat because it isn't allowing the coolant coming from the radiator to go through the engine. If you replace your thermostat your issue will be fixed. If you would like one of our professional technicians to repair your thermostat you can book one in your area.