Q: Using cheaper oil

Can I use conventional motor oil instead of synthetic oil in a nissan altima with no issues with the car

If your Altima is model year 2013 or later, synthetic oil is recommended by Nissan. However, according to Nissan, you can still use conventional mineral oil, regardless of model year, so long as the conventional oil meets the required API certification and is of the right viscosity for your climate. Nissan recommends synthetic oil because such oil has drastically fewer contaminants than refined mineral oil and synthetic oil can resist much higher operating temperatures without oxidizing and breaking down. Synthetics also have much better flow characteristics in cold weather which reduces engine wear and could reduce vehicle fuel consumption. On this topic, as you probably know, YourMechanic does offer mobile oil and filter changes. If you desire that service, please request an oil/filter change and the responding certified mechanic will perform that for you right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.