Q: Car shuts off and won't start 2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser

Driving down the highway our 2007 pt cruiser shut off tried starting it several times no start battery goes dead done this a few days earlier but started right up. Had it towed home charged battery will turn over but won't start a week or so before this we also noticed our fuel gauge wasn't working any ideas on what's wrong

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there - first task is to check for problem codes, whether the Check Engine light is illuminated or not. This "stall, no start" behavior could be a failed fuel pump - check the fuse and relay - since the fuel pump/fuel gauge sensor are an integrated assembly. Do you hear the fuel pump run, even for a few seconds when turning the ignition on? It could also be a failed crankshaft position sensor (won’t be any spark at the plugs if so). I would recommend a car won’t start inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.