Q: P0507 error code is showing on my 2004 Nissan Maxima

asked by on November 07, 2016

I am getting the error code above. IAV relearn will not hold, and SES light keeps coming on. I read that a worn, but not faulty, power steering pressure switch could be a cause for a high idle. The reason I am investigating this as a possible solution for me is that when I bought the car, the P/S pressure hose was leaking to the point that the reservoir was constantly empty. I changed out the hose, and the leak is gone. I did not change out the P/S pressure switch. I have taken it into a mechanic, and after he tried the relearn with a consult computer, he gave up (after taking $170) and told me to take it to Nissan. Have you heard of the pressure switch causing high idle before on a 04 Maxima?

Hi there:

The only time a faulty power steering pressure switch could elevate the RPM is if it’s causing the pump to draw more power to operate. However, the P0507 OBD-II Error codes is more of an indicator of a high idle due to a vacuum leak in the idle control system, carbon build up inside the throttle body or the previously mentioned power steering switch. Before you head to the dealership, you might want to contact a local mechanic to complete an engine has a high idle inspection. This will allow them to pinpoint the source of your problem and probably save you more money.