Q: Creaking noise from the rear struts

I have recently started to hear a slight creaking noise which I have been told is coming from a strut in the rear. Can I still drive the car which seems fine except for the slight noise for a while longer to save the money to replace them?

A: A suspension noise that is slight will turn...

A suspension noise that is slight will turn into bigger issues. Noise is an alert to another problem. There are rubber components that allow controlled movement and can degrade over time. This can cause a wear factor to the suspension, eventually to a point where the vehicle will not be safe to drive. The struts are a major part of the suspension. I recommend you have the noise diagnosed and repaired as soon as possible so that you can get on the road safely.