Q: car won't start after timing chain replaced

We knew there was a problem with the chain tensioner, which led to us fixing it with a belt replacement, and oil pan replacement. Now the car won't start at all, the mechanic at mini cooper said they wanted to do a leak test to see if something was wrong with the camshaft. Is this a good idea, and if it needs replacing will the car start and in working order? I'm $1800 in the hole already and the leak test and replacement will add on another $1200. Whats the best thing to do?

This would depend on the value of the vehicle and how much money you have into it all together. Oftentimes if the vehicle’s value is lower than the amount of money that you have into it it is often better to look for other vehicles that are less expensive than the repair cost.

3. car won't start after timing chain replaced