I have to code for engine light on, will need a quote tra...

Q: I have to code for engine light on, will need a quote

asked by on August 28, 2017

Engine light's on. Codes:P0973 and P0700

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle is telling you the transmission shift solenoid is malfunctioning. This may be due, and is most often due, to a bad transmission shift solenoid. The wiring to the solenoid and the TCM (transmission control module) can also trigger similar codes. The P0973 code tells you it is the shift solenoid that is acting up, while the P0700 code is a generic code letting you know the transmission is now not working correctly. The P0700 code is likely a result of the P0973 code, and will likely go away once the solenoid issue is resolved. Start by checking the solenoid, its wires, and the condition of that area on the transmission. From there, the solenoid will likely be replaced. Pricing and information on scheduling can be found here.