Q: Clutch broken

Hi I was at the garage the other day and they said my clutch was going. I have to drive home from Edinburgh to Stirling on Friday not to mention the day to day going to work in town. Would it still be ok to drive this I'm getting a new car on Friday and trying my hardest to me this one running

When you say the mechanic says the clutch is going, this may mean your clutch is slipping. A slipping clutch will only start doing so when you are accelerating or putting extra loads on the transmission. The more the vehicle is driven the clutch becomes more worn down, until you find that the vehicle will not move at all.

You did not state how bad your clutch is or what the problem is specifically, so I cannot say it will last a day or a month without failing. If it is a slipping clutch then drive it easy and it may last until you get a new car on Friday.