Q: Command screen black logo. 2005 Mercedes Benz E55

My command screen comes on my dashboard and shows the AMG logo. It stays on the logo screen or is just a black screen. The navigation menu does not come on either and the radio isn't turning on. It was working, but now it’s black or only shows the logo screen. Do you know what’s wrong and how I can fix it?

A: Hey there, thanks for writing in about your...

Hey there, thanks for writing in about your 2005 Mercedes Benz E55 AMG. You may have to have the radio command unit reset and reprogrammed by the dealer using the latest software. They will have to reprogram the unit to fix many different complaints about the command unit.