Q: Ran out of gas won't start fuel pump working?

It felt like I was running out of gas and it was low. Put gas in no start. Fuel pump comes on and gas is getting into the intake. Starter fluid not helping either.

Hey there, thanks for writing in about your 1993 Chevrolet K1500. Keep in mind that just because the fuel pump runs does not mean it produces enough pressure for the fuel injection of the engine. Have the pressure tested to see if has correct pressures and then check the injection system and spark control module if engine has no spark. If you would like to have this taken care of, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the starting problem and have it corrected.

3. Ran out of gas won't start fuel pump working?