Q: My power steering pressure hose is leaking a little bit from the top

I just noticed my power steering pressure hose is leaking from top. It's not a really bad leak, but is dripping on to something hot. I can smell it coming through the vents and there's some white smoke when I popped the hood. Is this something I can do a temp fix on (for a couple weeks) until I can put together some cash to get the repair done?

I saw somewhere that Honda recalled a bunch of cars for this problem. Is this something I can have them fix. I'm not sure about time limits on a recall.

Thanks,

Paul

A: You could possibly be covered under recall ...

You could possibly be covered under recall 12V222000 for the leaking power steering line leaking on to the exhaust. The leak can be a fire hazard and covered vehicles will have the leaking pressure line replaced. You should call your local dealer to give them your vehicle identification number so they can tell you if your car is covered under the recall. You should not drive the vehicle until the leak is fixed. If the vehicle is not under the recall fix then call on a mobile mechanic like one from YourMechanic to come check the leak and quote repairs for your power steering hose.