Q: I have an engine code on a 2009 Lincoln Town Car that indicates a bad thermostat sensor or thermostat. Is this time critical to ge

The check engine light came on the other day. I had it diagnosed and was told it was either the thermostat sensor or thermostat itself. The car is not running abnormally hot or cold and is not using any radiator fluid. Is this a time sensitive issue that needs to be corrected immediately?

If the engine does not get to operating temperature in a certain amount of time the computer will set a code after two complete drive cycles doing the same thing. This is an indication that the thermostat is stuck partly open or opens too soon and the engine either heats up too slow or gets too hot before thermostat opens. I would recommend replacing the thermostat and coolant sensor at the same time. Have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic install the parts for you and service the cooling system.

3. I have an engine code on a 2009 Lincoln Town Car that indicates a bad thermostat sensor or thermostat. Is this time critical to ge