Q: Fuel gauge always reads Full tank

The fuel gauge in my truck isn’t working. Recently I went 236 miles, but the gauge says the tank is full. Is this a sensor or a mechanical parts problem and how do I fix it?

Hello. There is a fuel level gauge on the fuel pump and it reads the amount of gas that is in the fuel tank. It sounds like this gauge has broken on your fuel pump. The gauge cannot be repaired without having to replace the fuel pump. Have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, come to replace the fuel pump assembly.