Q: My car won't move while it's in drive, 2nd or 3rd gear

I was driving & as I was driving my car slowed down & as I hit the gas it started going in reverse on its on. Another driver told me to put it in 3rd gear & still no luck but when I put it in 2nd gear it started moving forward again. I drove it home & parked it. The next morning when I looked to see if it was doing the same thing it was & after about 5 mins of driving in 2nd gear it wouldn't move anymore. One person told me my transmission was going out & another person told me my sensors were acting up. Can u help me out please

A: Hello, this transmission is controlled by a...

Hello, this transmission is controlled by a computer. There are sensors for input information and solenoids are used to control outputs. What you describe sounds like an internal issue. If you'd like, a certified YourMechanic Technician can come to your location to evaluate this transmission issue. Please look at this web site for more information and service options.