Q: My car won't move while it's in drive, 2nd or 3rd gear

I was driving & as I was driving my car slowed down & as I hit the gas it started going in reverse on its on. Another driver told me to put it in 3rd gear & still no luck but when I put it in 2nd gear it started moving forward again. I drove it home & parked it. The next morning when I looked to see if it was doing the same thing it was & after about 5 mins of driving in 2nd gear it wouldn't move anymore. One person told me my transmission was going out & another person told me my sensors were acting up. Can u help me out please

Hello, this transmission is controlled by a computer. There are sensors for input information and solenoids are used to control outputs. What you describe sounds like an internal issue. If you’d like, a certified YourMechanic Technician can come to your location to evaluate this transmission issue. Please look at this web site for more information and service options.

3. My car won't move while it's in drive, 2nd or 3rd gear