Q: Is it appropriate to use 5W30 oil instead of 5W20?

My Town & Country has 68,400 mileage. Can I use 5W30 oil with my car, rather than 5W20? And if so, which is better for my make/model?

A: Hello. Using 5W30 oil for your vehicle will...

Hello. Using 5W30 oil for your vehicle will not blow out the engine. However, your vehicle will not run as efficiently as it should and you may experience a loss of fuel economy.

Your vehicle runs best at 5W20 and this is the type of oil that is recommended by the manufacturer; I always advise customers to use the type of oil that the manufacturer recommends.

If you need assistance with changing your oil, contact a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.