Q: Is it appropriate to use 5W30 oil instead of 5W20?

My Town & Country has 68,400 mileage. Can I use 5W30 oil with my car, rather than 5W20? And if so, which is better for my make/model?

Hello. Using 5W30 oil for your vehicle will not blow out the engine. However, your vehicle will not run as efficiently as it should and you may experience a loss of fuel economy.

Your vehicle runs best at 5W20 and this is the type of oil that is recommended by the manufacturer; I always advise customers to use the type of oil that the manufacturer recommends.

If you need assistance with changing your oil, contact a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.

3. Is it appropriate to use 5W30 oil instead of 5W20?