Q: No start no crank

So I crank my car jumped started it after sitting for a week. I drove it around for a hour then it shutoff in traffic my battery was hot and car had no power I replaced the battery and nothing I can turn on headlights and dash light come on no guages work or my radio or the door locks no interior lights or window locks

Hello. If this occurred right after the vehicle was jumped and after driving the vehicle for a while then the fuses needs to be checked first. This is where I typically start as a battery failure or a jump starting issue can cause fuses to blow. This can also occur if the computer decides to shut down these systems due to a failing battery.

I typically start by removing the battery and load testing it. If it fails then it should be replaced. If it does not fail then it needs to be fully charged and reinstalled and the system retested.

If you want to have this starting and electrical issue repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this.