Q: Reversed battery terminals

Hello my name is William. Yesterday i was changing the cable ends on my battery. So i ended up hooking them up wrong pos/neg neg/pos. It resulted in smoke coming from the fuse box under the hood with a frying sound. I checked the wires but they are fine but it did blow a couple of fuses under the dash. But the battery light is on. When i put it in gear it goes off but when i push the gas it comes back on. Plz help me

Reverse polarity, at the battery, in a 12 volt electrical system on a car can cause a variety of effects including damaging the alternator. As an initial step in diagnosing the battery warning light you can request that a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, test alternator output to determine if that is the problem (i.e., low, no, or inconsistent output). If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Reversed battery terminals