Q: Electrical issues with the gauges, interior lights, and rear wiper blade.

asked by on December 02, 2016

When i open any door on my van the cluster guages jump around all the interior lights flash dimly. When l get in and shut the door (any door) everything goes out. When l start the van the exact same thing happens including the rear wiper turn on, the daytime running lights flash intermittently and the stereo and heat turn on and off by themselves. I changed the BCM , and batteries 24 volt Rollx conversion wheelchair accessible van. PLEASE TELL ME YOU CAN HELP!!!

Electric Problems Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. When it comes to multiple systems and the electrical circuits malfunction, there is a power and ground issue. Check the battery cables and clean them with a tooth brush and baking soda with water. This will clean off any corrosion to the terminals. Also, check all of the ground wires to the vehicle, all grounds on the engine, body, fuse box, and computer. If you find a loose ground, clean it and then tighten it. If you find a ground wire on a painted surface, then remove the wire and remove the paint around where the wire mounts and then put the wire back on. If you see any wires that are green on the copper area, then the wire has corrosion in it and it needs replaced. If you need further assistance troubleshooting your vehicle, then seek out a technician, such as one from Your Mechanic, that can assist you with your electrical issues.