Q: How do I delete or edit the contacts in the Uconnect phonebook?

asked by on December 11, 2015

How do I delete or edit the contacts in the Uconnect phonebook?

Deleting or editing contacts in your Uconnect phonebook is easy.

1. If you are editing a contact, press the Uconnect phone button, which is a telephone symbol on either the center console or the steering wheel. The system will say “Ready” and beep, at which point you should say “Phonebook edit entry.” You will then be prompted to name the entry and the designation (home, work, mobile, or other), and then you can edit the information.

2. If you are deleting a contact, press the Uconnect phone button, and when prompted, say “Phonebook delete”. After the prompt, list the contact you wish to delete, or say “List names” to hear your contact list and choose a contact to delete. If you choose to hear the list of names, then press the Uconnect voice command button when you hear the name you wish to delete, and say “Delete”.

3. If you wish to delete all of the contacts in your Uconnect phonebook, press the Uconnect phone button, and when prompted, say “Phonebook erase all.” Then follow the prompts to confirm this action.

Tip

You can only edit or delete contacts that have been manually entered into your Uconnect phonebook. Contacts that have been automatically downloaded cannot be edited or deleted through the Uconnect system.